Monday 28 March 2016

Searchin

One of my first poems, searchin, here's the link to my soundcloud with a performance:
link


Searchin
========

Well yes I been searchin for some answers now
Up n down the line
In the smile of a pretty girl
In the innocence of a child
In the bottom of a bottle
The butt of a blunt
Ever onwards, an endless hunt

Been lookin for a while now
A couple of years or more
Lookin since it all came crashin down
Upon the kitchen floor
They say a door closes, a window opens
Guess I've been startin to feel the breeze
That mean old east wind done knocked me to my knees

I been lookin in foreign lands that I never been to before
On a seven hour train
In a swedish hire car
Up and down this continent, near n far
Atop a Magyar Citadel
A snowcapped Austrian peak
But it ain't no Delphi now n I'm just about too drunk to speak

Yes I've taken some things now, strangled up my mind
I ain't leavin no stone unturned
Not even the metaphysical kind
Had to hear what it was all about
Rolled up twenties, makin me spout
I smoked stuff till my eyes got sore
I hear the crackle n the pop
Mary Jane knockin at the door
Well I guess I came up empty handed
Rising from the deep
When I look upon that good time picture I hang my head n weep

But I know that I gotta keep movin on down the line
With Frank in my ear and the horizon in my eye
For what is the point of existence
With no objective in sight
I live in the present tense
It's from here I sing of my plight

No comments: