Thursday 17 March 2016

When I see birds

When I see birds I wonder,
Why are they here,
They could be anywhere,
By wing, by flight,
Over the channel by midnight,
Why are they here,
In a bustling city,
Aint the sort of place I'd think they'd find pretty n call home

When I see birds I wonder,
Why am I here,
I could be anywhere,
By car, by plane,
Why am I here,
In a grimy city,
Aint the sort of place I'd think I'd find pretty n call home

Where do birds go when it rains?
Do they head south to Spain,
And eat paella and dance salsa under andaluscian stars?

Where should I go when it rains,
Should I head south, hop a freight train,
Or board some budget no leg room plane,
In hope of sunnier climes,
Happier times,
And cheap continental wine

Maybe it's them air currents,
That take em unwillingly,
Like them currents o' life,
That tangle us up,
Turn us around,
Stop us from getting birds eye picture n lie of the ground

I guess they're here just like me,
Hung up on used to be's,
Well I guess it's really the mind that sets you free,
And not wings

===========
Written in Brum

No comments: